This award will showcase the shining excellence of published authors in novel-length romantic fiction, with TWO overall winner chosen by an industry Book Buyer.
Categories for the contest are:
|• Series Short Contemporary: (Under 70,000 Words)
• Series Long Contemporary: (Over 70,000 Words)
• Single Title Romance with Romantic Elements: (Over 70,000 Words)
• Romantic suspense/Mystery with romantic elements: (Over 70,000 Words)
• Historical & Regency: (Both Series and Single Title Over 70,000 Words)
• Paranormal/Time Travel/Fantasy: (Both Series and Single Title)
Preliminary round will be judged by Booksellers & Librarians. Final Overall round judged by book buyers from Borders Inc. and Levy Home Entertainment, LLC.
Awards Ceremony at RWA National Conference.
CONTEST ENTRY RULES
1. Entry forms, fees and books must be received by January 10, 2009. Entry fees are non-refundable. Entries, fees and books received after contest is officially closed will be returned.
2. The contest shall be open to all RWA members who are in good standing with RWA National. An author may enter as many books as he/she likes, but each book can only be entered in one category.
3. E books can be entered as long as the author has a signed standard royalties agreement and the manuscripts are submitted in ARC or galley form and spiral or perfect bound. Loose pages will be disqualified.
4. The Contest Committee reserves the right to add, drop, or combine categories, dependant upon the number of books received. Finalists will be the top three entries in each category.
5. The Contest Committee will disqualify any entry that does not fully meet with all the rules. The OCC Board of Directors will resolve any disputes which may arise, and their decision will be final.
6. Books must have a 2008 copyright date, first printing date, and/or first North American release date.
7. Entry Fee is $25.00 per entry for OCC/RWA members; $35.00 for other RWA members. The fees are non refundable. Each additional entry must include a separate entry form.
Entry fees may be paid by PayPal (see below) or send a check or money order, made payable to OCC/RWA, and send to:
Mailing information coming soon!
OCC Member fee
8. Five (5) autographed copies of the entered title(s) must be sent, along with copy of entry form(s), paypal receipt, and a self-addressed stamped postcard as follows. No books shall be returned.
9. Include a self addressed stamped postcard with your entry to acknowledge receipt of same.
10. Finalists will be announced at the May 2009 OCC/RWA meeting. Winners will be announced and awards presented at the July 2009 RWA National Conference in the OCC Hospitality suite.